This is our City: Athletic Bilbao Tweets Suspicious Laporte Announcement?

13 June 2016

Athletic Bilbao Tweets Suspicious Laporte Announcement?

Athletic Bilbao Badge


Athletic Bilbao announced today that Aymeric Laporte has signed a new contract but that is not what I found suspicious, what I find suspect is that they announced the fee of his new buyout close as well. Why would they do that? there's obviously an intention behind it and I suspect a greedy intention at that. Call me paranoid but I smell a rat and I don't mean the smell coming from Trafford, Athletic were not in any rush to offer Aymeric a new deal before the transfer window opened or before Manchester City showed their hand.

 I believe as soon as Athletic Bilbao witnessed Manchester City were serious, they decided to get Aymeric Laporte to sign a new deal so that if they sold him they would be getting over the odds but. If they fail to make a sale then they equally get to keep a good defender so it's win win for them. On that note and if true then I want Manchester City to walk away, Aymeric Laporte isn't worth £70 million and the time of City paying over the odds should be long gone.



You can keep him for £70 Million

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abusive or inappropriate comments will not be published, please keep it appropriate.