This is our City: Drop Dzeko Now, Start Bony Or I'm Calling For Your Head If We Lose Our Title Pellegrini

2 March 2015

Drop Dzeko Now, Start Bony Or I'm Calling For Your Head If We Lose Our Title Pellegrini

I'VE HAD ENOUGH Mr Manuel Pellegrini, prior to your arrival we had one Roberto Mancini who failed to do anything but concentrate on defending. Now we have you concentrating on only attacking and quite frankly, I'm sick to death of it and your inept ability to not learn from humiliating lessons and losing. Who suffers more for these pathetic and avoidable losses, we do the fans and I'll be calling for your head if we fail in both the Champions League and fail to retain our title.

 My pro Mancini season card holding aunt was against you joining us because she was against Mancini leaving, but I wasn't so forgiving of Mancini and truly believed you would bring balance to Manchester City. However you have failed to do that and right now I'm more humiliated and depressed than I was when Mancini lost the FA Cup and League title, we haven't even lost anything yet other than a morale sapping humiliation at the hands of Liverpool and an embarrassing performance and loss at the hands of Barcelona.

 I haven't forgotten my roots, our clubs roots and where we were when we were shit, but that should have no impact on my way of thinking right now. Our football club is now one of the biggest in Europe, the world even and we should expect more considering the facts. We have a multi million pound first team squad and we pull in well over 40 thousand fans on match day which is due to rise. It Wouldn't be fair to add our multi million pound academy in to the equation, due to not reaping the rewards as of yet. But City fans have a right to expect more than just humiliation, after all it is us fans that pay the clubs wages along side sponsors, some of who also end up being fans.

 Let me get a few things straight, like many of our fan base I am more than capable of accepting loss. So long as we fought with pride in battle, so long as we gave our all and can hold our heads up high. We don't need titles and trophies, all we need is our pride and dignity preserved, our clubs pride and dignity preserved. It's blatantly obvious that you Mr Pellegrini have failed me and many other City fans by being ignorant and closed minded, you seem to think we can arrogantly stand up to any club in Europe playing nothing but attacking football with two forwards. ARROGANTLY, that is not who Manchester City are, that is not in the blood of us seasoned City fans.

 A few City fans may point to the fact we are still in the title hunt, the Champions League and still have a chance, but I'm not one to ignore our failings based on just optimism and hope. Lets be honest while we are at it, I highly doubt there are many seasoned City fans like me believing we can win the Champions League at this rate, so we honestly only see the Premier League as our last chance saloon. So when you Mr Pellegrini and our multi million pound first team continue to put in pathetic performances like against Barcelona and Liverpool it just makes me soooooooooooooooo frustrated and deflated.

 Playing two forwards against Barcelona, what the bloody hell were you thinking, continuing to play Edin Dzeko who has zero ability to successfully defend and tackle, what were you thinking? I have to blame our fan base partly for this, they constantly sing Dzeko's name like he's some legend, how often does he come up with the goods? This season he has been useless, yes useless and it wasn't until we purchased Wilfried Bony that Dzeko started putting more effort in. Lets face it Dzeko had no worries with the constantly injured Jovetic as competition, there was no pressure to up his game at all. We're sitting on a new £30 odd million striker who scores far more goals than Dzeko and you Mr Pellegrini keep choosing Edin bloody Dzeko. In fact I'll be calling for your sacking Mr Pellegrini and Mr Dzeko's sacking if this continues.

At least in Wilfried Bony, the man can track back and tackle successfully, at least he can slot in to midfield when needed and score more goals than Edin Dzeko. The rot is setting in and too many of our best players are going missing, Vincent Kompany is a shadow of himself ignoring criticism like he's just having a bloody off day when we're losing the title race. Yaya Toure has clearly left himself back in Africa with his trophy, poor display against Liverpool. I can point to so many things wrong at City right now that it's soul destroying, watching the Liverpool game was like watching us back in the Championship 'typical City'. And we thought we got the monkey off our back? My mind is saying Pellegrini out, the first thoughts that come to the forefront are why have we just purchased Wilfried Bony to sit on a bench?', why can't Pellegrini see that playing the likes of Dzeko against strong teams is quite frankly suicidal.

In fact while I'm at it I think Edin Dzeko is far too over rated, he only ever turns up at important moments to score goals and half the time fails to score anyway. Mancini used him as a super sub to great effect, now Pellegrini is using him as a starter to extremely little effect. I'd much rather have a 20 goal striker like Wilfried Bony who can tackle over Edin Dzeko any day. My aunt also says Dzeko deserves slack because he's come up with the goods in the past just like Mancini, sorry but I see the bigger picture and Edin Dzeko doesn't even fit in with our philosophy or style of play.

 If you Mr Pellegrini do not adapt and come up with a plan B and C, if we fail to win the title, well I'm sorry but I'm calling for your sacking and for Edin Dzeko's sacking without a second thought. It may fall on deaf ears but I will be happy for doing so non the less. Right now I'd say Diego Simeone for Manchester City, now he's a man who knows about balance. Proven track record at a big club and stuck it too the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona. He may have just signed a new contract but every man and club has a price, no one is untouchable, not even Lionel Messi.

19 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/3/15

    Coudnt agree more mate. Enough is enough.
    I thought i was the only one that see Dzeko as useless. people keep using the last few games of last season to defend him withought realising that football is about the present and consistency.
    Steven gerrard use to score wonder goals a few years ago, now he is simply known as slippy gerrard.
    Stop singing Dzeko name and start judging him from his overall play which is very very poor. (how i miss negredo).
    As for pelligrini, HE MUST GO AT THE END OF THE SEASON. please dont give me the he won 2 trophies in his first season crap. We got lucky with these trophies, in the final against sunderland, we were 2-0 down. if not for yaya magic goal and nasri unusual goal we would have lost. we are only champions because of Chealsea beating liverpool. as much as i hate it but till this day i thank chealsea for winning us the title last season and NOT Pelligrini.
    Another thing i have noticed, This manager has a reputation of upsetting players, Negredo left talking about how he was treated by the manager, Nastasic left and moaning about the manager and now Jovetic is being pushed out by him aswell.
    This guy needs to go ASAP.
    anyway my only worry now is keeping that second spot, arsenal are closing down on us and the clown we've got as a manager is still not alerted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/3/15

    i agree entirely, give the capt´n armband to toure let him prove his worth if he wants to be apart of the club and force company to fight for his place we need a good clearout at the end of this season if this team cant win the cl then there time together is over and they have failed in there purpose which was to win, we need to bring in players under 26 years of age with natural talent to build the next generation of our club also a manager with proven abilities to unite our team and take it forward

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't agree with you're opinion on Toure, he's gone missing just as much as Kompany this season.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4/3/15

      I also don't agree. Toure can be very hit or miss

      Delete
  3. Anonymous2/3/15

    DEAF ears, mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing that 1 spelling error out.

      Delete
  4. Calling me or anyone a F****** C*** or anything along those lines will not get your comment published.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurent charvet2/3/15

      My apologies it seemed as though it was accepted on here, for the record I was not calling you a c nor would I call the person who took the time to write a piece that because this is needed but I sit around these kind of ppl that have left comments at the match and they are getting on my nerves, I mean really Kompany has had a bit of bad press and it's been suggested that we have an ageing squad in the media as well and low and behold someone wants vinnys captaincy and younger players, those artificial comments should also not be published.

      Delete
    2. I understand where you're coming from and understand your frustration at someone calling for Kompany to be stripped. I however did not call for that , I just merely pointed out his ignorance of criticism only shows a level of arrogance. It's like he was brushing aside the criticism as if he believed nothing was wrong only recent results on his return suggest otherwise. Yaya's performances this season have been no better than Kompany's recent ones. But I stand by what I say on Dzeko, just because hes astonishingly upped his game since the arrival of Wilfried Bony, doesn't clear him of his uselessness prior to that this season and his lack of ability to defend and tackle well. Sorry but my patience with Dzeko has run out.

      Delete
    3. I publish all comments that promote debate as long as they have some level of decency.

      Delete
  5. Laurent charvet2/3/15

    I am not a Dzeko fan don't get me wrong he passed his audition so that he got to play against barca and that was that.

    As for toure, well I am not his biggest fan never have been and never will be, he covers up 89 minutes of laziness with 1 minute of magic when he can be bothered that is, of course that can be great but imagine what he could be contributing.

    Pellegrini is another one that I have never taken to, he has zero tactical nounce and I would like to see him leave.

    I think I was always going to dislike the person who replaced mancio if I'm honest because I think he was doing well enough and the reasoning behind getting rid of him was embarrassing, holistic approach being the thing that annoyed me, because mancio wasn't caring enough they got rid, well let me tell you if I earned 100 thou a week plus I wouldn't need an arm round me to ask how my family are because I would wear a t shirt making sure everyone knew that my life was fantastic, just as I do now and I only work for the council.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh councils and their Mp's,don't get me started on them haha, as much as I dislike his laziness, Yaya has done far more than Dzeko ever has to justify his place. Not going to pretend to know whats going on with Kompany but I certainly wouldn't drop him. I still think that if we played with Bony in a deep role instead of Dzeko against Barca and Liverpoo we would have won both matches. Fernando is another player that's useless, he's partly to blame for Kompany suffering due to not doing his job right and exposing Kompany.

      Delete
    2. A few fans have pointed to Bony's below par showings but I just think that's a pathetic and hilariously narrow minded opinion. How can a player who's just joined a team be expected to make an instant impact when all he's getting is the last 15 minutes of each game over a completely useless Dzeko.

      Delete
  6. Laurent charvet2/3/15

    Same wrap that Jovetic gets, he's a very talented player which I think is quite obvious, he has never had a decent run in the team and when he does player he gets played out of position, the type of city fan that does not realise these kind of things will always exsist because all they are interested in is slating players, always been the same.

    Relegation battles were passion filled exciting times, since being good to quote Roy cropper there is more and more prawn sandwich brigade turning up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The main reason Kompany suffered against Barca and Liverpool was, that we played 442 and exposed our defence to 3 strikers expecting one defensive midfielder to cover, although Liverpool will never be as good as Barcelona, they exposed Pellegrini's naivety and ignorance in much the same way. It's pretty clear our two problems are Pellegrini and his over reliance on an inconsistant Dzeko. Jovetic has been unlucky but I still think he's better than Dzeko, Dzeko is no better than Peter Crouch, a Europa league player at best.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous3/3/15

    Two up front against weaker opposition, fine. Even though this season at home we've been found out a fair few times. I have been crying out for months that for big games we should pack the midfield. Ferna, Ferno, Yaya, Milner & Navas with Silva sitting just behind Kun up top. Also, stop with the chopping and changing of the back 4. Stick with Vinnie and Mangala in the centre and give them time. That way we wouldn't even need Bony....but as we have him now......get rid of Dzeko. Jovetic can play in Silvas position, Bony in Kuns. Pozo can be back up. Done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we would deffo win with that team, you are playing with 12

      Delete
    2. I'm sure it was just a error on their part including Fernando, if anything he's been the one under achiever in midfield that exposed our defence, but then again Pellegrini is also partly to blame for playing two upfront and not Fernandinho along side Fernando who we just have to persevere with for now.

      Delete
    3. Anonymous4/3/15

      I meant to write Milner OR Navas. As for the Fernando error....yeah I would prefer writing De Jong.

      Delete

Abusive or inappropriate comments will not be published, please keep it appropriate.