This is our City: Double Celebration For Me, Is There Any Other 2012 City Babies Out There, Micah Richards Deserves Better

25 May 2012

Double Celebration For Me, Is There Any Other 2012 City Babies Out There, Micah Richards Deserves Better


Apologies for the lack of activity here on This is our City, after witnesssing our beloved Manchester City lift the 11/12 English Premier League title. I have had the opportunity of seeing my son born on 20th May at 20:43, another generation of Manchester City fan and my first born. I can't wait for the second Lucas Brian Halfpenny can kick a ball, he did a lot of kicking before he entered our world and a lot of kicking on entry.

Although I would not have been disappointed either way, I were praying we had a boy agreeing with my fiancee that we would not know until his arrival. Unfortunately I lost my best man and father in April 2011 to cancer, but got the opportunity to tell him we were trying and that his grandson would be named after his granddad. You couldn't guess my reaction at finding out it was a boy, I didn't know whether to cheer or cry due to being in total shock. My head was spinning, stomach doing somersaults and my legs were like jelly, how that translates into joy beats me but joyous I was.

When old enough to understand I will enjoy telling my son the year he was conceived we won the FA Cup, and the year he was born we won the English title. His first real book will be the entire history of Manchester City along with a folder of his ancestry, his great auntie will be sure to get Lucas his first City kit.

On to City matters and ignoring the Daily Rag amongst all other dubious papers, we can look forward to a very exciting summer transfer window. I won't speculate on who we will end up with, but what is obvious is that we will end up with at least four or five new and improved acquisitions having released Owen Hargreaves as well as 20 year old England Midfielder Ahmad Benali following an unsuccessful step up and the more surprising release of Israeli winger Gai Assulin.

I would like to wish them all the best of luck for the future, Ahmad and Gai were part of our Elite development (reserve side) so will not be counted as first team casualties. However I believe these players are probabilities or possibilities for departure.

Wayne Bridge (probable), Nigel Deyong (possible), Alex Nimely (possible), Greg Cunningham (probable), Emmanuel Adebayor (probable), Roque Santa Cruz (probable), Aleksandar Kolarov (possible)

I think we will see an increase of youth step up from academy and reserves for the 12/13 season, in all probability John Guidetti stepping up into our first team unless loaned out again. French Mid Jeremy Helan, England striker Harry Bunn and Italian Mid Luca Scapuzzi not far behind.

The moment United realised Manchester City had won the title 'Classical, couldn't have been done in a better way, big thanks to Sunderland fans for their support against United'.



What is going on at the FA with the wrongful punishment being dealt to Micah Richards?, does he have to sweat blood and rip out his finger nails to even get a sniff in?

In my opinion Micah is the best English right back in the world at present, I mean he plays for the Champions of England and two lesser fullbacks from clubs not even in the top three English clubs get a call up for England. Now that to me is wrong on a sickening level, first Micah gets ousted by the FA and Capello, now he gets ousted by the FA and Hodgson. There seems to be a pattern growing there and I just don't like it, what has Micah Richards done to warrant such an insult and injustice?

If I didn't know better I'd start a petition to have Micah called up instantly, only I know that half the population of my country probably wouldn't give a toss, then there's a portion of rags who would also not give a toss so what would be the point.

I give up on supporting my home country England despite having more players than any other club called up, I'd rather none of them play for England if Micah is continuously exiled.

OK ye Gary frigging Neville as an England coach WTF, coaches are supposed to be respectable and rat face is the opposite. If I was a City player playing for England the last thing I would want, was that stinking big mouthed hypocrite as a coach.

Unfortunately we do not stop our players from playing for their national side like McDonald'ster United, I think ill be spending the time I would supporting England with my son. I think Micah deserves a lot of respect for being humble enough to wish Glen Johnson and Kyle Walker well, I certainly wouldn't after winning a league title and being so sickeningly snubbed.

Here's to hoping our International players all come back fit and well, wishing them all the best of luck.

If you have had a City baby born this historical year then. why not celebrate by recording their birth here in a comment below.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous25/5/12

    Congratulations on the birth of your son and commiserations on the loss of your father and best man.
    A fellow BLUE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous25/5/12

    With your record you better get down to business before the season starts! We want another title and another little blue, maybe a girl this time! Cogratulations to your family and heartfelt condolences for your father, if there is a heaven I am sure he is with my dad cheering on the blues!
    Cheers CTID

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lol I don't think my other half is ready but you never know.

      Though my dad was as a child, a fan of both City and United, he wouldn't be cheering on City as he ended up supporting United.

      Most of my Manchester based family however are City fans, City chose me and I had no interest in United despite the fact they were successful.

      Only the real club of Manchester for us.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous27/5/12

    It's the ultimate feeling of emotion when you see your kid being born, fantastic! Good luck for the future, up the blues!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, he's just waiting for his first City kit to arrive from his great aunty Tracy.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I've added you to the 'City Blog and Sites' list.

      Delete

Abusive or inappropriate comments will not be published, please keep it appropriate.