This is our City: Time For More Grit And Grind, We Need To Take The Fight To Them Now. NOW

3 February 2012

Time For More Grit And Grind, We Need To Take The Fight To Them Now. NOW

If we are to bag the Premier League title which is in our grasp, then our players need to wake up and fight for it and our backroom staff need to stop getting sloppy.

The Everton loss was avoidable especially with the squad we have, our enemy believes we have the strongest squad in the league. So why is it we fall to clubs like Everton and Liverpool?, the answer is simple.

These clubs squads are built on the push, pull and shove type football of old, that is the old English style football which I must admit is what makes English football, English football.

To pull it off without attracting to much attention from the referee's is perfection, the second it gets nasty is when it becomes unacceptable.

Clubs like Blackburn Rovers are a prime example of a tough type team, when you accuse clubs of playing this way their fans are usually delusional enough to deny it as if you are crying foul play.

We need to combat this by playing as tough when the going gets tough, Pablo Zabaleta is a prime example and because of it one of my favourite players.

Referee's are the other obstacle we need to overcome and the only way to do so, is to not give referee's a reason to target us.

We need to mix our beautiful football with much more grit and determination, it is time to take the fight to the Premier League as a whole Now.

Not all city fans will agree with me on everything I say, do or believe, but one thing we do agree on is well being and future of our club. Our club needs this title and needs it now, why? because with it we will have to be taken seriously once and for all.

It will force the world to stand up and accept the fact we are back in business, it will also bring in more new investment to our club and help improve our position in world football from youth development to the stock exchange.

I may come down on our players and manager every once in a while but that does not mean to say they do not have my full support, I have ppl sometimes accuse me of being a new age glory hunting City fan and as far as I'm concerned they can think what they like but.

I like most of us have lived through the past 30 odd years as a City fan, seen manager after manager walk through the door. Hoping and praying we move forward, only to feel my heart yoyo up and down and gravity mess about with my stomach.

The last thing I want is to see us lose the best manager we have had since my generation, Bobby Manc is as far as I am concerned, ten of Jose Mourinho and on par with Alex Ferguson. (Given the chance like Fergy got at United, I believe Bobby can better him).

It is time we took the next step forward now.

Keeping the Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abusive or inappropriate comments will not be published, please keep it appropriate.