This is our City: Realistic City: My Bets On City Going On A Winning Streak After Villa Show

24 January 2011

Realistic City: My Bets On City Going On A Winning Streak After Villa Show

As the latest bunch of headlines suggest Darren Bent is now a future World Class striker, yes you heard it right and all due to scoring against Manchester City from a Joe Hart error.

We are a magnet for sucker punches and this was the latest, I feel our players deserved to lose for the way they went about playing against an average Aston Villa. We were way to slow at creating space, with our players taking way to long on the ball. I believe this issue is the main reason why we have stuttered at points this season, it needs to be nipped in the butt fast.

One issue I am happy with though is that, some of our players are starting to take shots from outside the eighteen yard box. A little tired of watching us try to walk the ball in the back of the net, this is why I hold Kolarov in such high regard as he is not afraid of letting the ball loose.

I have to say performing against your old club and then disappearing back to the black hole really does not earn you any CV points, Richard Dunne smacks of revenge and bitterness and I am 1 million percent happy that he is no longer at Manchester City.

He will be back to his old self soon enough and Villa will keep on scraping at the bottom of the table unless they can stop the rot, we will continue to fight on and achieve what we set out to achieve and there will only be one winner.

Very disappointed with our current defensive situation and believe it needs to be addressed urgently, clearly Joleon Lescott is not the right player for City and to be honest I was expecting him to flop.

I also believe Kolo Toure was never long term either, still I do think he is part of the team and definitely has some contribution.

Apparently our title chase is all but over?, I never knew we were fighting for the title. It seems the media and opposed have got a bit far ahead of themselves, no City fan thinks we have a definite chance of winning the league title this season.

We will be happy with a top four place and hopefully a Cup, personally I am hoping for a top three and Cup.

Onwards and upwards and good luck Villa.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous24/1/11

    Oh how I am going to chew you up and spit you out Murphy.

    First of all I am proud to not be forced to mentally eat each and every dictionary ever written, secondly proud to know I am not perfect or atleast think I am perfect unlike some.

    No I do not have an Oxford or Cambridge education and I am proud to not have, seeing naive university graduates lose their lives while backpacking in foreign countries.

    I have travelled the world with money earned by my blood, sweat and tears and there is still more to see with much more adventure, all this and more without extreme education?.

    I have a family, wife to be in 2012 and we both work and do not live on government benefits, I am working class with only public schooling and college level education but guess what?

    I am proud of who I am, I am an upstanding Manchester City fan and no I am not perfect.

    So take your pathetic little 'grammar fail' insults and go use them on someone that cares to give a damn because I simply do not.

    p.s. if anyone wonders why I replied, it has taken over one hundred of these 'grammar fail' messages from readers until now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think the grammar was particularly bad. At least the article was broken up into paragraphs with commas and full stops, unlike a lot of the comments that get posted where you almost faint.

    I don't agree with a lot of cityblues stuff but there really are some idiots out there to vent your grammar anger at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous24/1/11

    It would be a very boring world if we all agreed with eachother all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good article in truth. I must admit, the grammar is poor, however the key point(s) of the story are not related to 'Countdown' and instead are MCFC related. Forget the negative comments are continue to post your thoughts on matters concering the blues,,,Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous28/1/11

    Thanks Richard though easy on the comma's :D

    I am just a City fan leading the line best I can for my fellow City fans, i dont pretend to be a journalist and never said I was. I may even start publishing in old English, see if that does the trick.

    ReplyDelete

Abusive or inappropriate comments will not be published, please keep it appropriate.