This is our City: Time To Knock United Out Of Carling Cup And Set Record Straight By Knocking Middlesborough Out Of FA Cup

31 December 2009

Time To Knock United Out Of Carling Cup And Set Record Straight By Knocking Middlesborough Out Of FA Cup

Its time for history to be repeated and high time United get a real taste of their own medicine and City rewrite history by knocking them out of the Carling Cup on the 6th January 2010.

Manchester City legend Mike Doyle, the last City captain of a winning team in 1976 and life long City fan has given us his view.

“If I’m honest, I get a bit tired of me being the last City player to lead a winning team at Wembley,” said Doyle. “Obviously I’m proud, but the longer it goes on, the longer it means we haven’t won anything.”

Well Mike Doyle, its about time your wish came true and what better way than to knock cocky United off their perch and repeat history along the way.

Doyle went on to say “I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this could be the season when we bring some silverware back to the club,” he said. “I’m there every week and enjoying it as much as I did when I was a kid.”

Doyle was an integral part of the team that beat Manchester United the last time the two teams met in the League Cup semi-final in 1969

You can catch the full interview with Mike Doyle on our official club website. Click Here




Remember that 8 - 1 humiliation at the hands of Middlesborough FC while under the volatile control of Sven Goran Eriksson, Im sure its haunting you as much as it haunts me but all is not lost.

We also have the opportunity to exact revenge on Middlesborough by knocking them out of the FA Cup on the 2nd January 2010, four days before we play United in the Carling Cup.

I could not dream of a better start to the New Year, could you?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous31/12/09

    Would make for a fantastic start to a new season that would.

    ReplyDelete

Abusive or inappropriate comments will not be published, please keep it appropriate.