This is our City: TIOC's Badge Redesign Idea For Manchester City FC, Thoughts?

16 October 2015

TIOC's Badge Redesign Idea For Manchester City FC, Thoughts?

For as long as I can remember I have dreamt of our club reverting back to our Retro Circular Club Badge, finally our club have decided to consult on a possible change with our fan base so I thought I'd get to work on a few ideas. I knew learning how to use Photoshop would come in useful so I'm glad I chose too, here are my idea's which I will submit.

I did one the same but without the Eagle, so what do you think City fans. For those new to City I'll explain, the Rose represents the Lancashire Rose, The Ship represents the Manchester Ship Canal and the 3 stripes represent Manchester's 3 rivers, The Irk, The Irwell and The Medlock. 1880 being the year St Mark's of West Gorton were founded who were later renamed Ardwick Association Football Club and then Manchester City Football Club. The Latin term 'Superbia in Proelio' means Pride in Battle.

I did some research into how the Eagle found it's way on to our crest, we know the Shield, Stripes, Rose and Ship were taken from the City of Manchester's Coat of Arms. The Latin motto was added by the club itself in 1997 along with the Stars which were just for show. Here I got rid of the pointless Stars but felt it worth keeping the Eagle.

An Eagle represents Courage, Strength and Immortality, so I hazard a guess that that is why it was chosen and incorporated.

What do you think? will you be submitting your own? Would you rather we stuck with the present, revert to the old Retro badge or something entirely new?

I'd still be happy even if we reverted back to the original Retro City badge of old but I equally like this Badge too.

1 comment:

  1. Err...there's only 2 stripes so I'm guessing you've carted the Irwell which as a geographical boundary is half in Salford anyway? Glad you feel the same about those stars but that eagle is a bit pompous whatever it represents (immortality??). Get rid and get a bee on it which as our civic emblem represents...Manchester!

    ReplyDelete

Abusive or inappropriate comments will not be published, please keep it appropriate.