This is our City: Cristiano Ronaldo?, City's New Additions And The Slow Start Of 2012

3 September 2012

Cristiano Ronaldo?, City's New Additions And The Slow Start Of 2012


Cristiano Ronaldo, with all the talk of his falling out with his fellow Real Madrid team mates, it was and is inevitable he would eventually be linked with Manchester City. Well I would not want this ponce at City, even if Real Madrid offered him to us for 1 gloriously shined up British penny. I like every other seasoned City fan love to have one up on the rags (United), but this is one situation I'd pass up anytime.

I would rather he rot in Madrid or go to a rival like Chelsea, than see him insult and tarnish a Manchester City shirt. I couldn't care less if he was the best player in the world, not that he is because there is only one Lionel Messi.

Do one Ronaldo and never set foot in Manchester, you could always go back to Trafford, though I highly doubt they could afford you unless they sold half their stinking team.

Richard Wright, a journey man yet very experienced 34 year old goalkeeper obviously drafted in as third choice, to push Joe Hart and Costel Pantilimon on (Costel could do with learning from Wright's valuable experience, something Joe Hart did with David James etc).

Douglas Maicon (Sisenando), Right wing back who can also play center back flanked by Kompany and Lescott in City's 352 system, he makes for a very experienced international anchor.

Scott Sinclair, I remember when this lad was nabbed from under Bristol Rovers, I said he was wasting his career joining a club who at the time had more than enough wingers.  Yet to set fire to the English Premier League but given time and with world class talent around him, I am confident we will come good in the end.

Matija Nastasic, a young and promising center back which is exactly what we needed after seeing Stefan Savic fail big time, looking forward to watching this lad mature, with Kolo Toure getting on now and talk of him possibly leaving it was important to get in this promising young lad.

Jack Rodwell, while I kind of felt it sad to watch Nigel Dejong depart, I also thought it a good buy bringing in Rodwell. He got a lot of stick for not living up too his old clubs hype, but in my opinion could not improve anymore around mostly average talent at Everton. He needed a step up to improve his game and I am totally confident he will come good, he is already starting to make an impact making a few key tackles and interceptions.

Javi Garcia (Francisco Javier García Fernández for short), like Rodwell another Defensive Midfielder. This is the signing I was praying would go through, and sure enough it did, having two defencive mids would free up Yaya Toure to attack, attack attack. Gareth Barry still has a few more years yet but at 31, he can't be relied on too fight on all fronts for us (FA Cup, League Cup (formally, Carling Cup), Premier League and Champions League).

On that note Gareth Barry is making a strong come back from injury, I'm predicting he should be back in 2 weeks time.

On the season thus far all I can say is, if we can play sloppy football and still not lose then imagine us when we're firing on all cylinders. Actually it's rather refreshing seeing us play badly while still picking up points, a whole lot better than playing with spirit and heart only to get stepped on.

I want to say a personal thank you to Manchester City Football Club, from myself and on behalf of my aunt for looking after her so well on match days.

14 comments:

  1. lol seriously, get a hold of yourself and give yourself a few slaps (wake up).

    On a serious note though, I'm loving how I touched a nerve. Sorry to disappoint you and leave you no avenue to park your bias little backside (had to resort to childish insults, I was expecting the typical punctuation jibe).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4/9/12

    It's hard to get away from them. They're everywhere. In my part of the world you can tell who they are because they won't be wearing a stitch of red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where do you live then, Manchester? then you'd be right.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous5/9/12

      Australia

      Delete
    3. Ye I've heard were quite popular over there, maybe you should go find another Island to live on if you have a problem with City fans out-numbering you.

      Delete
    4. Anonymous7/9/12

      I think you misunderstood me (Are you an AMERICAN?) I'm a CIty fan. I was saying that I have yet to know an endemic UNited fan (or even one who is at least acclimatised) who will wear any stitch of red in this country. I have been wearing full City kit only (in public, in private I will relax in non-City wear) for the past season and a bit, since the Cup Final win. Every rag I know pretends they don't see it. One of my chiildren's' teachers is Paddy Crerand's grand nephew and a United fan and I see him every day. He's a lovely bloke and he doesn't think it odd at all. Best he can do is a pink jumper. I've got nothing tactical to say, but have been thinking lately after watching the last five mins of last season again: just who is that old long-haired geezer standing next to the chairman's left (our right) waving his hands while everyone is going nuts. Any idea?

      Delete
    5. I think he is the father of Mansour, or a close relative at least. I did misunderstand you, my apologies.

      Delete
    6. Anonymous9/9/12

      No worries, mate. Read your comments about Milner. I fancy him as a central midfielder, too. Got everything it takes to make a go of that position, I reckon.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous4/9/12

    ur a city fan so u talk like that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6/9/12

    As an Inter supporter for years I've been watching City since Mancini came on board. I can tell you straight up that Maicon is still the best wing back in the world when he's bothered. My only beef is his tracking back. He never gives less than 100% though in terms of effort. He's technically excellent as you'd expect from a Brazilian. Capable of some great chipped passes and has a thing in common with Kolarov that being he can shoot from range. Very good signing. he suffered at Inter because our midfield was too slow and didn't cover for him when he went foward.

    On the point of Garcia. This is just me, but I'd like to see Razak and Rodwell as the successors to Barry-Toure. I can only see garcia blocking these young players' paths to the first team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank you for your constructive opinion, I agree with you on Maicon. I felt he suffered from a lack of cover when going foward. This will not happen at City because he will play being flanked by Kompany and supported by Yaya, If I am correct Maicon can also play on the wing with either Richards or Zabaleta behind at wing back. (That would be a rock solid left wing).

      Razak and Rodwell are still young, Garcia is half way through his career. Razak and Rodwell are completely different breeds. Rodwell is a holding midfielder and Razak is a box to box like Yaya so Razak will not suffer from the arrival of Garcia, if anything he is an understudy to Yaya.

      Gareth Barry is at the later end of his career and Bobby Manc likes to play with 2 defenisve mids, so Rodwell will get plenty of playing time at City so I don't buy into the theory that Rodwell is wasting his career at City.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous6/9/12

    You are correct that Maicon can play right wing if needed. I remember that night when we beat Barca 3-1 he played there and was excellent.

    My other problem with Garcia is where this leaves Milner. He reminds me of Jonas at Newcastle, too defensive to be a great winger. he was more suited to the wing back role than anything else. I blame RM entirely for making such a huge tactical mistake to play 3-4-3 vs 4-3-3. Its basic football sense that you should have MORE defenders than the opponent has attackers to avoid 1v1 scenarios. I believe we could and should have lost by a great margin vs Pool if their full backs had gone foward more frequently. As a result Milner suffered.

    We're brought in cover to his only two positions, RB and CM. We could be looking at another Adam Johnson in a year's time. But unlike AJ, I will be disappointed if Milner goes because I think he can be a great player.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Milner can play in center mid too, so thats left wing, center left and defencive mid. He's very affective when playing counter attacking football. No he's never going to be a world class winger that gets peoples butts off seats but he is English and a strong and reliable player at that, I see him as the replacement for Gareth Barry, not Garcia as Garcia is the replacement for Nigel Dejong.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10/10/12

      Wasn't it great to see Milner play a blinder against Sunderland in a defensive mid role? I'm sure he can make a go of that position and put in more commanding displays of that nature. He looks like he could be the answer to the missing Nigel problem. Ironic if it turns out that way: we spend big on Garcia and Rodwell as Nigel improvements and it turns out the best man for the job is under Mancini's nose the whole time. Or maybe that's what Mancini meant after the Dortmund game when he intimated he knew exactly what the problem was (centre mid?) and would fix it forthwith? I reckon he's gone bugger the three-at-the-back, and back to basics of two seasons ago: Barry, Nigel, Yaya in the midfield that everyone was saying for the first few months was very defensive looking but then realised how attacking it was when it became obvious Yaya was a box-to-box man and Nigel was there to facilitate that. Now it's Milner. If Milner is the answer in that position, he has a lot of Nigel's qualities (engine, tackling, heart) but he's also better on the ball and a much more refined passer (he can hit a ball over 10 yards), good going forward (especially on the wing -- he and Zaba and Micah just destroyed Sunderland down the right in the second half), versatile (he can play other positions) and can also score goals. I am also led to believe it was in central mid at Villa that he turned in his best performances and was his preferred position. If that's the case, now that Mancini has finally given him his chance, I expect him to put in some more performances like that and make the position his. There's no doubt he will work as hard as he can to make it happen It's been frustrating watching the team get results but struggle, waiting for something to click into gear and turn things around as far as clean sheets go and commanding a game like we used to do. I fancy Milner is that thing.

      Delete

Abusive or inappropriate comments will not be published, please keep it appropriate.