This is our City: Why I Became A City Fan, Who Really Are The Bitter Side, Manchester City or United!

5 March 2012

Why I Became A City Fan, Who Really Are The Bitter Side, Manchester City or United!

Manchester City may have an owner with a vast amount of wealth, may have a list of super star players and potential super star youth on our books but. We are still the same old Manchester City we were when I were playing Subbuteo after school in the late 80s, you can see that even now by comparing us with our unwanted neighbours United over in the Metropolitan Borough of Trafford.

Even now despite the vast wealth and player power, despite the fact we have been top of the league for most part of the season. Our club are not setting targets or spouting our mouth's off in the media, about how we're going to do this and do that and win the title for sure. Our fans are not writing other clubs off for the title despite the fact in my humble opinion, that we are currently the strongest team in England at present.

Pro United Skysports reported, David Platt believes City's aim in the closing months of the season is simple enough - to win as many games as possible. When asked if he and manager Roberto Mancini had set a specific target, Platt said: "No. How can we do that? We could turn around and say we need x, but x might not be enough."

"We just go into every football match looking to get the points and we will see where it takes us."


Clearly we are a well grounded club and not under the illusion that we can just go out and win every single game because we are Manchester City. Unlike our unwanted neighbours who demand respect but disrespect all who stand before them.

Our club have always been a family club and always cared about its fan base, even now while our club challenges for the Premier League title. City are still charging far less than United are of their fans, they would rather alienate and disrespect their established fans in favour of plastic glory hunters with a wallet full of credit cards.

Alex Ferguson is no better than his clubs fans and players, their mindset is that they can turn over all who stand before them in the way of glory and have won before a ball is even kicked. They are not alone though for Spain have their own United in the form of Real Madrid, both sets of clubs fans have a high level of arrogance about them, so immersed in their own self importance and self worth that anyone or anything on the outside are beneath them.

For instance a club who a few of my friends support are in deep trouble and although they don't show it I know the pain they are feeling, Portsmouth FC are in trouble but you can find United fans among other clubs fans kicking them when they are down as we speak. I would not wish Portsmouth's problems on any other club accept on a club like United or Real Madrid, why? because they would deserve the lesson it would teach.

Their problem is that they have been up there for too long, they are infectious to anyone else who turns up to support their club.

Ferguson believes scheduling of TV fixtures will hamper our challenge and that experience is the key to winning the title?, is that the same key that Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Blackburn used to steal the trophy from your trophy cabinet full of trophies bought with cash?

Clearly I can not speak for the City fans who joined the ranks after the Thaksin reign without connection to Manchester, but I can honestly say it is not in the nature of pre Thaksin City fans to be arrogant.

Are we bitter?

I can honestly say that if I were in fact bitter then it would only be for one reason, that United pretend to be us in the form of the true representative of our City of Manchester.

I couldn't care less about anything United have achieved over the past so many decades, I couldn't care less about their trophy and title haul. All I care about is firstly my family and secondly Manchester City, care about us taking our rightful place in world football as true representatives of Manchester.

Id like to believe I chose to support Manchester City because they were the true club of Manchester and the City of my family, forgetting that my late father and grandmother were United fans. But in all honesty I believe City chose me from the day I were introduced to the world, one thing I was not prepared for would come to pass last year.

From that day I never looked back and as soon as I could spend my own money I went out to buy my first Subbuteo team, I had to wait almost 3 months for the shop to order Manchester City. Borrowing my friends Luton Town team until they arrived, when they did I could not wait to face off with a school resident rag. Game on!

I was happy to see our derby match in the same year (1989) end in our favour, I'd lost the game 5-3 but City went on to destroy United at Maine Road by 5 goals to 1. I miss the old retro City badge!

Peter Schmeichel has joined the ranks of ex United players to claim that Manchester City will bottle the title challenge, very vocal these rags ain't they.

I never paid much attention to United despite knowing they were winning titles, As I mentioned before I honestly couldn't care less what they did or what they won. If I did care then I probably would have been a rag, but it was as simple as I wasn't so I didn't. While I listened and watched my beloved City on the Radio and TV, I were oblivious to anything else within football other than our national side.

The only thing you could possibly accuse me of would have been ignorance, the only time I paid any attention to any other club were when we played them.

While most admired and looked up to midfielders and forwards, I found myself paying more attention to defenders like Paul Lake, Keith Curle and Alf-Inge Haaland. That was until Shaun Goater turned up, the man that put Gary stinking rat face Neville well and truly in his place.

Gareth Barry, Nigel Dejong, Vincent Kompany and Yaya Toure are my favourite players but Yaya would have to be my favourite player of them all right now, he underestimates his value and seems a very humble and level headed guy.

United have lied to the world for two long and I believe the only truly bitter people are United fans, I think the fact we are back in business and back in European competition riles them. Our very existence proves Manchester have never been United, our name speaks for itself not to mention the fact we were named Manchester before United and paraded by the Lord Major of Manchester back in the day.

They have tried to use the Munich disaster to put a spin on their name, as if to make the statement that Manchester is United only, they neglected the families who suffered from loss in that tragedy. They have even used it against us as a publicity stunt to try belittle Manchester City, but live on TV for the world to see, Manchester City fans defied United to prove they were wrong.

We did nothing to warrant them taunting us as much as they did, a majority of the time we were in different leagues but still they taunted us with their self proclaimed importance.

There's a huge difference between taunting and banter.

If we really were the bitter side then it would only be because of the taunts and the lie United stands for, though I strongly believe it is United who are the bitter party. Bitter that we are showing the world all United amount to is the biggest fat lie in world football, bitter that we are now back to knock them off their perch.

I was torn from Manchester and my family for a long time due to my father serving in the Royal Navy,only recently I were reunited and stunned to find I was far from not alone in my devotion to our beloved Manchester City.

I always knew Manchester were more blue but this just confirmed that I followed the right path, which were confirmed even more so when I found out my dad supported City when he were a kid.

I could have followed the same path but then I thought 'do I really want to follow a lie?'

The latest ex rag to spout their mouth off is Andy Cole, while his son Devante plays for us in our reserves, Andy runs with "The United City rivalry only become so intense this season and the back end of last season. Manchester City have the financial resources. And that has helped them get some good players to push on to try and win a Premiership. But when you talk about rivalry over the last year and a half, rivalry has been Liverpool."

"Liverpool have always been our main rivals when it comes to championships and we passed them by one championship. That has always been the biggest rivalry."

OK Andy what ever you say, same old same old rag record, not Bitter, just Richer!

They hate us that much they have to use Liverpool as an excuse to brush us off, they have been doing it for decades so what difference would it make even now when we are starting to break their records and outplay them.

Is it hilarious that on Newsnow.co.uk whenever City win only the odd one publishing about it appears on United's news feed, but when United win hundreds of publishings about it appear on Manchester City's feed.

It is because the rag media, the rag run papers, rag blogs and rag boards are all that bitter and obsessed that they can not bare to not tag Manchester City despite the fact the article has nothing to do with us.

In all honesty we have all the time in the world, where as how much time do United have left?

I knew Spurs would crumble against United, I mean they haven't beat United in over ten years. When you see us destroy United 1-6 and Championship sides knock United out of cups, it puts Spurs inability to beat United in the book of most disgraceful records in football.

Even now when Spurs are at their strongest fighting for Champions League football, they still can not beat United, TEN YEARS? could be something fishy going on there don't you think?

Now that United have been ousted for lying to the world, their fans have started to put a spin on their clubs name. Apparently it stands for their global fan base?, say what?

Well if we win this seasons Premier League title, we will have done it with no help from the rest of the Premier League that's for sure. Despite the fact United are weaker than they have ever been the majority have just sat back in defence and let United do their thing as usual, the same can not be said for the majority against Manchester City.

Which would make winning the title a very very sweet thing indeed, the FA even tried their hand at derailing us with aid from referee's but failed thus far.

Gary rat face Neville couldn't help himself stating that if they could beat Spurs then, United would win the title? Arrogance?. What about the remaining 11 teams to play including Manchester City?

The writings on the wall!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/3/12

    Enjoyed reading this,
    I hope City win but it's going to be the hard way but all the sweeter.
    It's becoming amusing now how each week some one comes out from to the media lol
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/3/12

    your article is very poor because you have no respect for the best club in the world. the world wouldn't have know there's a city called Manchester without the existence of Manchester United. You can find the truth from your father whom you dishonored by supporting Etihad fc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6/3/12

    Excellent read as usual. I have absolutely no fear of United at home, and Chelsea is frankly a joke. My real concern is the away game at Newcastle, which I feel we could lose. your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Swansea City win
      H Chelsea City win
      A Stoke ?
      H Sunderland City win
      A Arsenal City win
      H West Brom City win
      A Norwich City win
      A Wolves City win
      H United City win
      A Newcastle ?
      H Qpr City win

      Newcastle and Stoke away will be our toughest games imo, though I see a full house and us winning every single game to lift title.

      Saying that referee's are not very coonsistant as we above all have witnessed, I believe we can win all our remaining games but I'm not writing anyone off on their home turf.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous7/3/12

      When you consider the fact that United don't have to play any of the top 7 from here on, it gets really sticky for us. based on how Stoke played last time we met, I don't expect much from them. I just don think that we're getting max points from Arsenal and Newcastle.

      Why do you think that Milner is being benched? Is he getting saved for this stretch? To be honest he really isn't in form when I last saw him at Aston Villa a few weeks back, but he is a very hard worker and that's why I love him and Zab so much.

      I have two formations that I think could work if Silva and Toure, our supposed 'spine' should be lost to us [ bear with me for the long post!]

      Def: Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov
      Center MF: Milner, Barry, Pizarro
      LW: Nasri[floating]
      RW: AJ
      ST: Dzeko

      One day I'd like to see this experiment

      Def: Savic, Lescott, Toure
      Wingbacks: Richards, Kolarov
      CM: De Jong, Milner
      LF: Nasri
      RF: Aguero
      CF: Balotelli

      Delete
    3. You could have said the same for our next opponents. Sporting Lisbon just got spanked by a relegation contender.

      What is to stop relegation battling Wigan, Qpr, Wolves and Blackburn Rovers from beating them or Fulham in 8th, they also have tricky games against Everton and us Manchester City.

      They play against more relegation teams than us, id rather play a rubbish Chelsea than a fighting for their lives Blackburn or Wolves.

      Delete

Abusive or inappropriate comments will not be published, please keep it appropriate.